Matric results Class of 2021: Gauteng
There are four ways you can easily access you results now that they have been released:
- Your Cell Phone
- Your School
The Department of Education:
The Department of Education has stated that Matric results are available for you to view on their website. Registration for this is compulsory, and must be completed before you can access your results.
Register to access your results at:
To register, you will need:
- Your Exam Number
- Your ID Number
- Any other personal details that may be needed
The Department of Education is available to help if you have any questions, All you need to do is simply contact the Department of Education in Gauteng on their website, or call them on 011 355 0000
News24 has stated that the Class of 2021 can sign up to view their results on the News24 website.
Sign up at:
There was some confusion surrounding whether or not newspapers would be able to print the Matric results this year after the Department of Education stated that results would not be published on any public platforms. However, this decision was overturned by the Court on 18 January, meaning newspapers were able to publish Matric results. The Matric results were published in most major newspapers on 21 January 2022.
Your Cell Phone:
There are two ways you can access your Matric results using your cell phone:
To be able to view your results via SMS:
- SMS your ID number and Exam Number to 35658
Once you have done this, you will be registered to receive your results via SMS.
Note: Your Exam Number and ID Number will be checked. If either of these is incorrect, it will not work, and you will not be able to view your results. The SMS costs R3.00 (Free SMSes do not apply).
To be able to view your results via USSD:
- Dial *120*35658#
- Follow the instructions
- Answer the questions and provide your ID number
- You will now be able to view your results
Note: Your Exam Number and ID Number will be checked. If either of these is incorrect, it will not work, and you will not be able to view your results. USSD is charged at R1,50 per minute. (Free minutes do not apply).
Matric results are always made available to collect from your school. Contact your school’s administration to find out what day you will be able to collect yours.
Where to Find My Matric Results: Gauteng
As a student in Gauteng, you have the following options when it comes to receiving your matric results:
- The Department of Education in Gauteng
- Online Platforms
- Your Mobile Device
- The Newspaper
The Department of Education
If you come across any difficulty when trying to access your results or you are confused with the process, you can contact the Department of Education in Gauteng.
- Tel: 011 355 0000
- Toll-free: 0800 000 789
How to check matric results online
- Step 1: Visit the Department of Basic Education website.
- Step 2: Register using your details. (Please note you can only register for matric results until February 22nd the day before the marks are released).
- Step 3: Click on the link for 2020 NSC exam results.
- Step 4: Enter your examination number.
- Step 5: Your results will appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Click the download button and print.
Finding your results online might be the point of call for most people. It is easy enough to get access to your matric results on the Department of Education website. All you will need is to log into the site to access the results. You will need:
- Your Examination Number
- Your ID Number
- Personal details such as your name and surname.
If you are an IEB student, you can follow the same process on the IEB website. All the private school results will be released there.
Another online platform that will have your matric results at the ready is News24.
Matric College will have all the provincial matric results as soon as they are released. Check their website here.
Your Mobile Device
Since we are all so connected with our mobile devices, this could be the perfect way to get your matric results.
This can be done in one of two ways, either by SMS or by USSD.
How to get your Matric Results via SMS 2021 Gauteng
- Step 1: Open a new SMS message on your phone
- Step 2: Fill in your ID Number AND Exam Number as the message
- Step 3: Both numbers must have 13 digits to be accepted
- Step 4: Send the SMS to this number: 35658
- Step 5: Note that the SMS will cost R3,00 (Free SMS does not apply)
- Step 6: Your exam number and ID number will be checked – if you send incorrect numbers it won’t work
- Step 7: You will get your results once they are made available on 23 February 2021
This is another way to get your results instantly on your mobile device. Follow these steps to use the USSD method:
- Dial this number on your phone *120*35658#
- You will be required to answer some multiple-choice questions.
- Enter your ID and examination number.
Finding your matric results in the newspaper is one of the most traditional ways of doing it. All you need to do is make sure that you have the correct paper. Here are the newspapers in Gauteng that will have all the 2020 matric results:
- The Pretoria News
- The Sowetan
- The Star
Author: Chloe Bydawell
Editor: Chloe Bydawell
Date Published: February, 2, 2022