Matric results Class of 2021: Northern Cape
There are four easy ways to get access to your matric results now that they have been released:
- Your Cell Phone
- Your School
The Department of Education:
The Department of Education has stated that you can view your results on their website. To do this, registration is compulsory.
Register to view your results at:
To register, you will need:
- Your Exam Number
- Your ID Number
- Any other personal details that may be needed
You will be able to view your results once you have registered.
The Department of Education can help if you have any questions. Contact the Department of Education for the Northern Cape through their website, or call them on 053 839 6500.
You are also able to sign up to access your results through the News24 website.
Sign up to view your results through News24 at:
Most major newspapers printed the Matric results. Some newspapers may not have printed them because of confusion after the Department of Education stated that the Matric results would not be made available on any public platforms this year. The Court overturned this decision on 18 January, and so newspapers were able to print the results.
Your Cell Phone:
There are two way to get access to your matric results with your phone:
To get access to your results via SMS:
- SMS your ID number and Exam Number to 35658
Once you have done this, you will be registered to receive your results via SMS.
Note: Your Exam Number and ID Number will be checked. If either of these is incorrect, it will not work, and you will not be able to view your results. The SMS costs R3.00 (Free SMSes do not apply).
To get access to your results via USSD:
- Dial *120*35658#
- Follow the instructions
- Answer the questions and provide your ID number
- You will now be able to view your results
Note: Your Exam Number and ID Number will be checked. If either of these is incorrect, it will not work, and you will not be able to view your results. USSD is charged at R1,50 per minute. (Free minutes do not apply).
Matric results are always made available for you to view and collect at your school. Contact your school’s administration to find out when you will be able to collect your results.
Where to Find My Matric Results: Northern Cape
As a Northern Cape student, you can access your matric results
- Your phone
- The Department of Education.
Here is everything you need to know about finding your matric results in the Northern Cape.
The Department of Education
If you are unable to access your results or are confused with any processes, you can contact the Department of Education in the Northern Cape.
- Tel: 053-839 6500
- Fax: 053 839 6580
How to check matric results online
- Step 1: Visit the Department of Basic Education website.
- Step 2: Register using your details. (Please note you can only register for matric results until February 22nd the day before the marks are released).
- Step 3: Click on the link for 2020 NSC exam results.
- Step 4: Enter your examination number.
- Step 5: Your results will appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Click the download button and print.
If you are thinking about accessing your matric results online, there are a few ways that this can be done. The Department of Education’s website will have all final matric results on it as soon as they are released. If you want to access your results here, simply log on using:
- Your Exam Number
- Your ID Number
- Personal Details like your name, surname, etc.
Private school students can follow the same above steps on the IEB website as soon as their results are released. This is sometimes a few days earlier than the release of government school matric results.
Accessing your matric results on your phone is fairly easy. It can be done in two different ways, namely:
How to get your Matric Results via SMS 2021 Northern Cape
- Step 1: Open a new SMS message on your phone
- Step 2: Fill in your ID Number AND Exam Number as the message
- Step 3: Both numbers must have 13 digits to be accepted
- Step 4: Send the SMS to this number: 35658
- Step 5: Note that the SMS will cost R3,00 (Free SMS does not apply)
- Step 6: Your exam number and ID number will be checked – if you send incorrect numbers it won’t work
- Step 7: You will get your results once they are made available on 23 February 2021
The second way to access your matric results from your cell phone is through USSD. To do this:
- Dial this number on your phone *120*35658#
- You will be required to answer some multiple-choice questions.
- Enter your ID and examination number.
Finding your matric results in the newspaper is one of the most traditional ways of doing it. All you need to do is make sure that you have the correct paper.
Here are the newspapers in Northern Cape that will have all the 2020 matric results:
- Kuruman Bulletin
- Volksblad Noordkaap
Author: Chloe Bydawell
Editor: Chloe Bydawell
Date Published: February, 2, 2022