You can study for your Matric online. You will be considered a distance learning student.
It is important to note that you cannot write your Matric exams online. You can study for your Matric course through distance learning, and you can also register for your Matric exams online, but you must write your exams in a government-designated venue.
Where Can I Do My Matric For Free?
It is free to register with the Department of Education to write your Matric final exams. However, it is not free to study for your Matric.
You must study through a school or college for your Matric. You will have to pay the fees of the school or college. These fees will cover your tuition and study materials.
You can study for your Matric through school or through a TVET college. You can study your Adult Matric through a TVET college or reputable distance learning college. There are many reputable distance learning colleges that offer Adult Matric, such as:
- Bellview Institute of Distance Learning
- Matric College
- Skills Academy
How Much Does It Cost To Write Matric?
It is free to register with the Department of Education to write your Matric exams. However, it is not free to study for your Matric. You will pay fees to study at the school or college where you study for your Matric, and these fees will cover your tuition, your study material, and any additional academic support you may need.
Can I Write My Matric At UNISA?
No, you cannot write your Matric at UNISA. Your Matric can only be done through school, a TVET college, or a distance learning college. UNISA is a tertiary education institution and only offers university courses.
How Many Subjects Do You Need To Pass Matric?
To pass your school Matric, you must pass at least six of your seven subjects, including your Home Language subject.
To pass your Adult Matric, you must pass at least five of your six subjects including your Home Language subject.
However, if you fail your Home Language subject, you can rewrite it to improve your marks and pass.
Do You Fail Matric If You Fail Maths?
No, you do not fail Matric if you fail Maths. You will only fail Matric if you fail your Home Language subject, or if you fail more than one subject.
How Are Matric Final Marks Calculated?
Your school Matric final marks are calculated using two things:
- Your year’s work, including assignments, projects, and tests. This counts for 25% of your final marks
- Your Matric final exams, which count for 75% of your Matric final marks
Your Adult Matric marks are calculated using only your final exams. Your exam results will be your final results.
Do You Get A Matric Certificate If You Failed?
Yes, you do still get a certificate if you failed Matric. Your certificate will have your subject information and a statement that you have not passed Matric.
Can You Buy Your Matric Certificate?
No, you cannot buy your Matric Certificate. Your Matric Certificate will be issued by Umalusi through the Department of Education. Umalusi has stated that participating in the buying and selling of Matric Certificates is a criminal offence.
You can pay a fee to get a replacement of your Matric Certificate if it is lost or damaged. You can also pay a fee to have your results combined if you wrote your exams in more than one sitting, for example, you did a Matric Rewrite or a Matric Upgrade.
What Can I Study Without Matric?
learning colleges that offer courses you can study without Matric. You can study courses such as:
- ICB courses
- Short courses
There are three ICB courses you can choose to study without Matric:
- Business Management, which begins at the Matric Equivalent level and only requires you to have Grade 11 to apply
- Financial Accounting, which begins at the Grade 11 equivalent level and only requires you to have Grade 10 to apply
- Office Administration, which begins at the Higher certificate level and requires you to have Matric or a Matric Equivalent to apply
You can use the Matric Equivalent levels of either the ICB Business Management course or the ICB Financial Accounting course to apply for the ICB Office Administration course.
ICB courses are accredited by the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) and QCTO (the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations). This means they are recognised by potential employers as formal qualifications. These qualifications are recognised both locally and internationally.
Where Can I Study ICB Courses?
There are also many short courses offered at four of the colleges listed above.
Short Courses At Matric College
Short Courses At Skills Academy
- Accounting, Bookkeeping And Finance
- Computer Courses
- Educare And Childcare
- Forensics And Policing
- Human Resource Management
- Insurance Courses
- Interior Decorating and Design, and Digital Photography
- Management Courses
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Project Management
- Wedding And Events Planning
Short Courses At Ember Academy
- Beauty Therapist Programmes
- Child Daycare Programme
- Child Psychology Programme
- Crèche Management Programme
- Digital Photography Programme
- Event Management Programme
- Facial Skincare Programme
- Guest House Management Programme
- Human Resource Management Programme
- Make-up Application Programme
- Nail Care Programme
- Operational Health and Safety Programme
- Personal Assistant Programme
- Project Management Programme
- Receptionist Courses
- Supply Chain Management Programme
- Tourism Management Programme
- Tourism Marketing Programme
- Wedding Planner Programme
Short Courses At Learning Group
What Have We Learned?
- You can study for your Matric and Adult Matric online
- You cannot write your exams online, you must write your exams in a government-designated venue
- There are many colleges that offer Matric programmes
- It is free to register to write your Matric exams, but it is not free to study for your Matric exams. You must pay the fees of the institution you study at to cover your tuition and study materials
- You cannot write Matric at UNISA
- To pass, you must pass six subjects for school Matric, including your Home Language subject
- You must pass five subjects for Adult Matric
- You will not fail Matric if you fail your maths subject
- There are still many study options available even if you do not pass Matric
Final marks for school Matric are calculated using your year’s work and your final exams. Adult Matric uses only your final exams for your final marks. You do still get a certificate even if you failed Matric. You cannot buy your Matric Certificate.
There are many study opportunities available even if you did not pass your Matric. There are many reputable colleges that offer courses that do not require Matric.
Author: Chloe Bydawell
Published by: Sive Ncanywa
Published Date: June 27, 2022